|fedora activity snow day
||[Jan. 30th, 2010|10:14 am]
Mel and Jon really offered great summaries of the first day of our Fedora Activity Day focused on our events planning processes.
In short, it was a day of organized brainstorming -- a modified design thinking process. From my perspective, that was the goal of the day all along, so it worked out just fine. The end goal was to have a concrete set of action items for the remainder of the "FUDCon 2.0" portion of the FAD, and we do:
* Generic calendar of FUDCons and Ambasador FADs with regional breakdowns.
* Bid process incorporating the old wiki pages.
* Create a clear attendee sponsorship process.
* Clean up the FUDCon HOWTO + Organization pages, incorporating FUDCon Toronto survey feedback.
* Progress on the 2010 FUDCons that need to happen, based on the above.
* Messaging to Ambassadors about the new pages looking for feedback, and providing info.
I'll be working on several of the above today and tomorrow.
Everything that we produce today should be considered draft format, until the larger community has an opportunity to read it over and share their opinions.
The other big story of this weekend is the snow in Raleigh, which has the out-of-town crew working from their hotel today, and me as a FAD remotee in my apartment which is about 25 minutes away.
I'd like to specifically thank Mel for being excellent at ensuring that we DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT everything that we do.
2010-01-31 01:07 am (UTC)
Document, Document, Document
I had an old boss who always said "If it ain't documented, it ain't technology"