|fudcon berlin, day 1 instant feedback
||[Jun. 26th, 2009|11:44 am]
We're about two hours in to day 1 of FUDCon Berlin, and here are some thoughts:
* Jan Wildeboer's presentation: brilliant as always.
* Jeroen van Meeuwen's talk about Puppet in the Infrastructure Track. The room had about 50 people in it, and the energy carried over into Francesco Crippa's talk about Func & Symbolic.
* Fabian Affolter's talk about Fedora 11, which has a nice crowd and great looking content (it's in German).
* The FUDCon building, the decorations, and the organizational team.
* People who commit to giving talks, and then don't show up, without any word to anyone about it.
* People who complain when we hold standalone FUDCons ("we don't like to travel to an event only for FUDCon") and then also complain when we co-locate FUDCon at another event ("we don't like having FUDCon with another event, because it's too distracting"). Maybe we should just abandon FUDCons altogether for Fedora Activity Days.
* People who sign up for one size tshirt, and then take a different size tshirt, thus messing up our inventory.
* People who sign up for hackfests, and then don't show up for them.
« People who sign up for hackfests, and then don't show up for them. »
I might be one of them :)
I tried to pedal faster, but that didn't make my plane arrive earlier.
Hopefully, I won't be late tomorrow for actually starting the hackfest.
2009-08-02 11:07 pm (UTC)
Don't forget people who steal t-shirts Max. And then others, who did pre-register do not get one.